In today’s candidate-driven job market, employers need to attract and retain top performers to keep their businesses afloat. Considering the fact that organizations similar to yours are likely tapping into similar pools of candidates and competition is fierce, how can you ensure that your company stands out from the crowd? Give your company an edge and appeal to top talent by following these tips:
1. Provide Comprehensive and Competitive Benefits
The Covid-19 pandemic has shifted the way our workforce approaches their jobs. A competitive salary is no longer the most important factor job seekers are considering as they weigh new options. Meaningful benefits that support families in times of crisis have become essential considerations. Consider offering these benefits to attract and retain candidates:
- Health insurance. With good health at the forefront of most peoples’ minds, companies that offer to share the cost of medical benefits are very attractive to job seekers.
- Paid time off. In uncertain times, it’s nice to know your paycheck won’t suffer when unexpected events occur. Having paid time off can also combat employee burnout and lessen employee turnover.
- 401k(match). Offering a retirement plan is a big plus for workers, especially if you are able to match a percentage of contributions. If a matching plan isn’t feasible, consider providing financial planning classes for employees. Supporting employees’ efforts to plan for the future will show them you care and inspire loyalty.
- Childcare and family benefits. Working parents faced a considerable challenge during the pandemic when schools closed and children needed to stay home. Some working parents who could not arrange to work remotely were forced to leave the workforce to care for their children. This challenge has not entirely disappeared with the ease of pandemic restrictions. As things continue to develop, companies willing to offer childcare stipends or family benefits will be ahead of the curve.
2. Offer Work Perks
- Remote work. The shift to remote work has remained for many companies, even after pandemic restrictions began to lift. Why? Workers enjoy the flexibility of working from home, and most employers have found no decrease in their productivity. Offering the opportunity for remote work can be an enticing perk to many job seekers.
- Flexible schedule. A little bit of flexibility goes a long way with today’s workforce. Now that many workers have experienced the freedom of having more control over their schedules while maintaining a full work week, they are looking for employers who offer that perk.
3. Focus on Company Culture
One of the best ways to attract high-quality candidates is to be a great place to work. Here are a few ways to build your company culture:
- Show appreciation. Get clear on your company’s mission and values and communicate them to candidates and employees alike. Let your employees know they are valued and explain how their work contributes to the company’s success. Employees who feel valued are happier, more productive, and more likely to remain with the company.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion. Today’s job seekers, especially Millennials and Gen Z, view DEI policies as essential, so consider examining your recruiting and hiring practices to be more inclusive. Companies that create an authentic welcoming atmosphere for all are very attractive to job seekers.
Looking to add to your remote team? Let Premier Talent Partners help your company stand out by providing you with top talent. Our nationwide staffing experts will find you the perfect fit, every time, across a wide variety of industries. Partner with us!