Job Description Example
Premier Talent Partners clients are looking for Payroll Specialist for a number of our clients nationwide. To be considered for these positions you should be a self-starter with the ability to work on your own and as part of a dynamic group. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial individual with a high level of discretion, confidentiality, and self-motivation. We are looking for someone who is quick, enthusiastic, and has an extremely high level of detail and organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll for US employees in ADP
- Workforce Now payroll system
- Coordinate with HR to process all payroll changes (new employee, changed deductions, terminations, out of state employees, etc.)
- Manage workflow of PTO approvals within ADP
- Work with HR & Legal teams on payroll related issues
- Ensure the company is properly handling payroll taxes and withholdings; work with external auditors for year-end financial statement audit and quarterly reviews, workers’ compensation audit, 401K audit, etc.; maintain/expand knowledge of existing and new payroll related legislation, and taxation of benefits.
- Develop and maintain payroll policies and processes to ensure compliance with regulatory and reporting requirements
- Manage payroll and equity year-end close activities and W-2 production
- Prepare relevant reports and analysis for management / other departments, including monthly, quarterly and year-end for gross payroll, taxes, benefits etc.; prepare month-end journal entries and reconciliations for payroll, benefit and stock compensation
- Maintain high level of customer service by communicating with all levels of employees and working with service providers to meet functional objectives respond to employee and former employee inquiries pertaining to payroll
- 3-5 years of payroll experience and solid working knowledge of US payroll rules and procedures
- Expert knowledge of payroll processing systems, specifically ADP Workforce Now version 4.0 or greater; Intermediate level skills in MS office and Google email and applications
- Familiarity and comfort level with MAC computer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Individual must be highly motivated and able to work with tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- CPP and CEP certifications
- System implementation and integration experience
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.