Job Description Example
Premier Talent Partners is looking for HR Managers for several of our clients in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento, and New York City. Candidates will be expected to be responsible for managing the Human Resources functions relating to Talent Management, Onboarding, Employee Relations, Benefits, Training and Development, Employment Law, Exit Process, and most other general HR policies, procedures, and issues to ensure a cohesive and positive workplace.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle any and all HR related matters for the company.
- Responsible for managing the entire new hire process from job requisition through offer letters, to ensure a positive onboarding process for all incoming employees. Create clear job descriptions in order to attract and maintain the right candidates.
- Act as a liaison between employees and management for all employee relations issues adhering to the client’s employee handbook and company policies. Determine if an investigation is necessary, keep clear and concise notes and follow through with solutions, coaching, training or discipline.
- Manage, administer, track and ensure that the performance review process is timely and maintained in order to set performance standards, achieve goals, and enhance communication between employees and managers.
- Act as the benefits point person for employees by tracking and coordinating benefits enrollments, changes, terminations, COBRA, and reporting. Work with broker on an annual basis providing a smooth open enrollment process and working creatively to maintain low-cost renewals.
- Responsible for revising the employee handbook and any HR related policies as necessary based on new regulations, changes in internal policies or as requested by senior management.
- Handle employee termination process including all necessary/appropriate paperwork, and perform exit interview for a seamless departure whether voluntary or involuntary.
- Be the spokesperson for the employee handbook and advise management of any questions regarding policy adherence, as well as answering questions from employees.
- Recognize the need for internal learning and development based on regulatory compliance and employee/manager training needs. Oversee the required technical and industry-specific training program in accordance with client conditions. Maintain records.
- Assist in managing our internal incident procedure process working alongside the Health and Safety Manager and dealing with Workers Compensation.
- Facilitate requests for leaves of absence and determine if FMLA, CFRA, PFL, SDI or personal rules apply. Complete necessary legal forms, obtain doctor certifications and return to work notices, follow through with status administration as required.
- Stay informed of all new employment regulations and laws that may affect the client.
- Additional HR related duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to: EEO and benefits related reporting, handling EDD unemployment cases, verification of employment – both written and verbal, presentations during staff meetings, monitoring change of status with all employees, backfilling for HR Coordinator as necessary, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing an HR department in a generalist role.
- Proven experience handling a variety of issues encompassing Human Resources.
- Ability to build rapport with all employees allowing HR to be a trusted source, meanwhile balancing the expectations of the company via internal policies and procedures in order to maintain a high level of performance.
- Working knowledge of California and Federal employment laws including: FMLA, PDA, ADA, ADEA and other applicable regulations.
- Experience dealing with: At Will employment, Sexual Harassment, Violence in the Workplace, benefits administrations, ACA, Workers’ Comp, FLSA, COBRA, Drug-Free Workplace Act, and other common employment regulations.
- Knowledge of ADP payroll system through Workforce Now, a plus.
- Knowledge of the importance of analytics and benchmarking within the HR realm.
- Expert organizational, prioritization and time management skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Handle all confidential matters with the utmost discretion in order to protect the company from potential legal situations.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and Outlook.
- Must meet company defined expectations with a standard background check and pre-employment alcohol/drug screen.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.