Accounts Payable Specialist
Job Description Example
Premier Talent Partners is seeking Accounts Payable Specialists for a number of clients nationwide. Candidates should be prepared to be responsible to assist the accounting department in processing invoices for timely payment, filing documents and invoices. Additional responsibilities include checking and verifying account payable records, accounting of vendor invoices and expense vouchers, filing, posting ledger, and general journal entries, and/or balancing accounts payable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with colleagues in other functions to coordinate and execute the financial close and management reporting process
- Participate in or lead cross-functional initiatives to improve processes. This may involve leading process improvement projects related to accounts payable
- May be asked to train employees in other functions on the proper use of accounting software and tools
- Frequently interacts with peers, outside vendors, external auditors and functional group members at various management levels
- Matches invoices with approvals, requisitions, and receipts
- Inputs invoices into the accounting system
- Process and code invoices timely
- Obtain W-9’s; create requests for new vendor set-ups
- Review vendor invoices for payment, resolve vendor inquiries timely and maintain the payment process flow
- Perform accounts payable check runs and prepare wire/ACH payments
- Prepare month-end balance sheet reconciliations of accounts payable aging and un-invoiced receipts.
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and year-end reconciliation
- Complete audits within company guidelines for accuracy.
- Answers inquiries by clarifying desired information; researching, locating, and providing information.
- Process Travel & Expense processing and management of corporate credit card program
- Reviews outstanding accounts payable invoices
- Files documents and invoices
- Performs all duties in a safe responsible manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 3-5 + years of full cycle A/P experience and recent work experience with a large company
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) required
- Experience with a complex ERP system, Oracle R12 or Oracle 11i A MUST
- Accounting Coursework is required, with a 4-Year Accounting Degree is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize and self-manage workload
- Team player, highly motivated and detailed oriented
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effectively utilizing strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Quickly adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.