Remote work, flexibility, and competitive pay top the list of candidates’ job requirements in today’s tight labor market. Many organizations that turned to a remote work model out of necessity during the pandemic are discovering that their workers are equally or more productive with more flexibility in their schedules now that pandemic restrictions are easing. Employers are increasingly willing to consider remote work options and competitive pay to attract and retain high-performing candidates.
Consider these high-paying options in IT, Sales, and HR:
Best-paying positions in IT
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, computer and information technology employment is projected to grow 13 percent from 2020 to 2030, adding about 667, 600 new jobs. Since the median annual wage for IT occupations is more than double that of all occupations, workers can expect to do well in the industry if they have the right skills and experience. Many employers are willing to negotiate remote and hybrid work opportunities as the pandemic continues. These jobs are among the highest paying IT opportunities:
- Computer and Information Systems Manager—Median annual salary $151,150 per year
- Computer and information systems managers are responsible for the planning, coordinating, and directing of computer-related activities in an organization.
- Computer and Information Research Scientist—Median annual salary $126,830
- Computer and information research scientists innovate uses for new and existing computing technology.
- Computer Network Architects—Median annual salary $116, 780
- Computer network architects design and build data communication networks.
Competitive Sales Roles
Employment in sales over the next decade is expected to remain relatively level, although there will be some disruption as growing levels of e-commerce crush growth in retail areas. However, sales in services and wholesale sectors are projected to thrive since those roles remain essential in building and nurturing customer foundations in business. Sales jobs with great pay include:
- Sales Engineers—Median annual salary $108,830
- Sales engineers sell complex technological products or services to organizations.
- Wholesale and Manufacturing Sales Representatives—Median annual salary $65,420
- Wholesale and manufacturing sales reps sell products for wholesalers or manufacturers to sell to other organizations.
- Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents—Median annual salary $64,770
- Securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents make connections between buyers and sellers in finance.
Lucrative Positions in HR
Human resources employees are crucial as the economy recovers from the pandemic. This sector is predicted to grow about as fast as the average for other occupations.
- Human Resources Manager—Median annual salary $121,220
- HR managers and directors plan and coordinate the administrative functions of an organization
- Human Resources Management Analyst—Median annual salary $87,660
- HR management analysts recommend ways for organizations to improve efficiency.
- Human Resources Psychologist—Median annual salary $82,180
- An HR Psychologist observes, interprets, and records how individuals relate to one another in their work environments.
Looking for a high-paying remote job in IT, sales, or HR? We’re looking for talent like you! Our nationwide staffing experts and unique approach ensure that we’ll find the perfect fit, every time.